WE DEFINE “PII” TO MEAN ANY INFORMATION RELATING TO AN IDENTIFIED OR IDENTIFIABLE NATURAL PERSON; AN IDENTIFIABLE NATURAL PERSON IS ONE WHO CAN BE IDENTIFIED, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, IN PARTICULAR BY REFERENCE TO AN IDENTIFIER SUCH AS A NAME, AN IDENTIFICATION NUMBER, LOCATION DATA, AN ONLINE IDENTIFIER OR TO ONE OR MORE FACTORS SPECIFIC TO THE PHYSICAL, PHYSIOLOGICAL, GENETIC, MENTAL, ECONOMIC, CULTURAL OR SOCIAL IDENTITY OF THAT NATURAL PERSON.
PII You Provide. If you use the Services, we may receive your PII such as your full name, e-mail address, telephone number, address, job title, place of employment and resume.
Information We Collect. We may collect your PII from third parties, communications you send us, and aggregate data. We also automatically collect and record PII through your use of the Services such as your IP address, cookie information, device ID and technical information regarding the method and nature of your use of the Services. At any time, you may opt-out from receiving newsletters and promotional communications from us.
How We Use PII. We use your PII for purposes such as providing you with, improving and operating our Services, understanding usage trends and user preferences in order to adjust and personalize your use of the Services, marketing and customer relations purposes, offering and operating webinars and demos related to our Services, recruitment and placement purposes, in order to protect the Services from threatening activities, for compliance with applicable laws, and/or enforcement of the relevant customer agreement or other legal rights.
Links. The Services may contain links to other services, sites and applications that are subject to their own privacy and data protection policies.
Children. We do not intend to collect PII from anyone we know to be under 18 years old. If you believe that we might have collected such information, please contact us.
PII Sharing. We grant access to your PII to our affiliates, agent representatives and third-party providers. In addition, we may share your PII if required for the provision, maintenance and improvement of the Services; in the event of a merger, acquisition or other structural change or form of sale of part or all of our assets; to satisfy applicable law; or to prevent fraud or harm.
PII Security. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your PII, however we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Retention Period. We retain your PII as needed for the purposes for which it was collected and for lawful, ethical and document retention purposes.
Data Integrity. We process PII only for the purposes for which it was collected and take reasonable steps to ensure that the PII we process is accurate, complete and current. However, we depend on you to rectify your PII when necessary. We may delete or avoid from recording and storing any information at our discretion.
Your Rights. At any time, you may contact us and request to exercise your rights in accordance with applicable law. For more details see Section 8 below.
Enforcement. We will cooperate with the appropriate regulatory authorities to resolve any formal written complaints regarding processing of PII that cannot be resolved between us and the complaining individual.
Consent to Processing and Transferring of PII. Your PII may be stored and processed in a country outside the country of your residence or from which you access the Services. Transfers of your PII outside the European Economic Area will comply with applicable laws.
Your California Privacy Rights and Do Not Track Notices. If you are a California resident, you may contact us and request information regarding your PII disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. We do not respond to Do Not Track signals.
- PII We Collect and How We Use It. In order to provide, operate, maintain and improve our Services, to understand usage trends and user preferences in order to adjust and personalize your use of the Services, for marketing and customer relations purposes, to offer and operate webinars and demos related to our Services, for recruitment and placement purposes, in order to protect our Services from threatening activities, for compliance with applicable laws and regulations, or for enforcement of the relevant end user license agreement or customer agreement or other legal rights, we may collect and process PII, including the following types of information:
- PII You Provide.For some of the features of the Services we ask you to provide PII, including full name, e-mail address, telephone number, address, job title, place of employment and resume.
- Third Parties. We sometimes supplement or verify the PII that you provide with information that is received from third parties.
- User Communications. When you send an email or other communication to the Company, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our Services.
- User PII.When you use the Services, we may automatically receive and record information from your browser, including without limitation information and statistics about your online or offline status, your IP address, Internet service provider, search history, cookie information, type of browser, your regional and language settings and software and hardware attributes. Our systems may automatically record and store technical information regarding the method and nature of your use of the Services, including without limitation which pages of the Services you viewed, exit and entrance pages and your use time of the Services. An IP address is a numeric code that identifies your device on a network, or in this case, the Internet. Your IP address is also used to gather broad demographic information. The Company uses all the PII that it collects to understand the usage trends and preferences of its users.
- Aggregate and Analytical Data. In an ongoing effort to better understand and serve the customers of the Services, we often conduct research on our customer demographics, interests and behavior based on the PII and other information provided to us. This research may be compiled and analyzed on an aggregate basis, and we may share this aggregate data with our affiliates, agents and business partners. This aggregate information does not identify you personally. We may also disclose aggregated user statistics in order to describe our services to current and prospective business partners, and to other third parties for other lawful purposes.
- Cookies and Web Beacons. In order to collect or use the data described herein, we may use temporary cookies that remain on your device’s cookies file for a limited period of time. We may also use persistent cookies that remain on your device’s cookies file until the cookies are removed via your browser’s settings in order to manage and maintain the Services and record your use of the Services and to understand the usage trends and preferences of our users. Cookies by themselves cannot be used to discover the identity of the user. A cookie is a small piece of information which is sent to and stored on your device. Cookies do not damage your device. Most browsers may allow you to block cookies, but you may not be able to use some features on the Services if you block them. You may set most browsers to notify you if you receive a cookie (this enables you to decide if you want to accept it or not). We may also use web beacons via the Services to collect information. Web beacons or “gifs” are electronic images that may be used in our Services or in our emails. We use web beacons to deliver cookies, count visits and to tell if an email has been opened and acted upon. We also use third party technologies, such as cookies and web beacons and third-party providers to process and analyze your PII, including without limitation tracking your use of the Services and elsewhere on the Internet (e.g. HubSpot and Google Analytics) under the following terms and conditions: https://legal.hubspot.com/legal-stuff?_ga=2.131124751.1281425501.1589360682-1340565998.1558169341; and https://marketingplatform.google.com/about/analytics/terms/gb/.
- Children.If you are a child under the age of 18, you must obtain parental consent prior to using our Services. The Company will not knowingly contact or engage with children under the age of 18 without said parental consent. If you have reason to believe that a child has provided us with their PII, please contact us at the address given above and we will endeavor to delete that PII from our databases.
- Information Sharing. As part of providing the Services our affiliates, agents and representatives may have access to your PII. The Company may also share your PII in the following circumstances: (a) as required for the provision, maintenance and improvement of the Services; (b) if we become involved in a reorganization, merger, consolidation, acquisition, or any form of sale of some or all of our assets, with any type of entity, whether public, private, foreign or local; and/or (c) to satisfy applicable law or prevention of fraud or harm or to enforce applicable agreements and/or their terms, including investigation of potential violations thereof.
- PII Security and Retention. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of PII. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your PII, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. We retain your PII only for as long as reasonably necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or to comply with any applicable legal or ethical reporting or document retention requirements.
- Your Rights.
- Right of Access and Rectification. You have the right to know what PII we collect about you and to ensure that such data is accurate and relevant for the purposes for which we collected it. We allow our users the option to access and obtain a copy of their PII and to rectify such PII if it is not accurate, complete or updated. However, we may first ask you to provide us certain credentials to permit us to identify your PII.
- Right to Delete PII or Restrict Processing. You have the right to delete your PII or restrict its processing. We may postpone or deny your request if your PII is in current use for the purposes for which it was collected or for other legitimate purposes such as compliance with legal obligations.
- Right to Withdraw Consent. You have the right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your PII. Exercising this right will not affect the lawfulness of processing your PII based on your consent before its withdrawal.
- Right of Data Portability. Where technically feasible, you have the right to ask to transfer your PII in accordance with your right to data portability.
You may exercise the above rights by sending a request to firstname.lastname@example.org
8.5 Right to Lodge a Complaint. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority regarding the processing of your PII.
- Your California Privacy Rights and Do Not Track Notices. California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits customers of the Company who are California residents to request certain information regarding disclosure of PII to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us using the contact details published on our Services. Please note that we are only required to respond to one request per customer each year. You are also advised that the Company does not respond to “Do Not Track” signals.
Last Date Updated: June 4, 2020